EDUCATION: B.Sc. (Chemical Engineering) 1982 – Cairo University
35+ years of experience in the management and administration of resources in the oil and gas industry, in establishing and managing multi-million dollar engineering and construction projects with development and implementation of project & business development process, bidding philosophies, execution strategies, procedural definitions, systems specifications, organization structures, and implementation of 20 mega projects (200 – 2000 US$ MM each), in addition to more than 25 medium and small jobs (less than $ 100 MM each), covering the following aspects:
- Business & project development with the world leaders and shareholders like Methanex, Agrium, CPC, B.G, AGIP, CONOCO, UOP, Snam, Uhde, Fluor, Nexant, Jacob, Bechtel, KBR, L.G, Techint, Technimont, etc…
- Contract & Agreements negotiation and management.
- Financing & fund raising.
- Acquisition & merge.
- Management and administration of operation and resources, for corporate and projects in oil, gas and petrochemical business either offshore or onshore.
- Supervision and management of multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams.
- Project management system development and implementation expertise.
- Automation and MIS solutions.
CAREER FORMATION PROGRAMS:
- Executive management program (AUC)
- Business Development & Business Administration (World Bank).
- Project Management applied problems (Internett)
- Construction management (Stone & Webster)
- Contract & subcontract administration (Stone & Webster)
- Conflict management (BECHTEL).
- Negotiation skills (world bank)
August 2012 till May 2013:
Minister of Petroleum & Mineral Resources (Arab republic of Egypt):
June 2010 till August 2012:
President & chairman of the Board – Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Co. (ECHEM):
The company was established in January 2002, as a state owned developer and business promoter for the petrochemical business in Egypt. The company has a 20 year Master plan for its business with more than (20) twenty billions US$ expenditure, represented by:
- Development and construction of (14) major petrochemical complexes, that includes (24) projects, and (50) production units for the production of (15) millions ton/year of products of revenues exceeds (15) billions US$ /annum.
- Displacement of imports in the sum of (7) billions US$/year, generation of exports in the sum of (8) billions US$/year, and creation of (100,000) job opportunities.
- 8 projects at 6 billion US$ were developed, six plants are already in operation and two are under construction.
- 4 mega projects ( 7 billion US$) are under development.
March 2009 – June 2010 :
Chairman & C.E.O, MISR FERTELIZERS PRODUCTION CO. “MOPCO”:
The company was established in 1998, to build and operate an oil refinery and hydro-cracking facility. In 2005, the route was changed to produce 630,000 ton/year of urea, and started its operation in August 2008. MOPCO has 600 employees, and has its facility located on the Mediterranean at Damietta. In November 2008, MOPCO acquired the Egyptian Agrium facilities, that were planned to be constructed to the east of its facility, and completed the construction of two new trains, each 650,000 ton/year, through the German UHD,.
The company has concluded a finance agreement of one billion US$ with 22 Egyptian banks, and started the operation activities to reach an overall capacity of 2 MM ton/year during the second half of 2016, to be the largest Urea production facility in Egypt. The total investment after the merge is 3 billion US$.
Jan. 2002 – March 2009:
Sr. Vice President & Member of the Board – Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Co. (ECHEM):
Jan. 2000 – Jan. 2002:
Assistant to the Chairman (PETROJET):
The Petroleum Projects and Technical Consultations Company, “PETROJET” is the construction leader serving the Egyptian oil and gas sector. It has more than 25,000 employees distributed over seven geographical locations in Egypt, in addition to abroad branches in KSA, Jordan, Algeria, Sudan, Qatar and Libya. The company scope of activities is widely ranging from construction covering civil works, mechanical fabrication & installation works, electrical & instrumentation installation works, to fabrication of structural steel, pipelines concrete & polyethylene coating, and manufacturing of stationary equipment. The company fields of activities cover refineries, oil & gas plants, chemical & petrochemical plants, offshore platforms fabrication & installation, pipelines coating & laying, and others. The company has average annual revenues of four billions Egyptian pounds.
Apr. 1984 – Jan. 2000:
Manager of Projects (ENPPI):
Engineering for the Petroleum and Process Industries “ENPPI” is a technological organization specialized in the design, procurement, construction supervision, and overall project management of oil, gas, petrochemical and industrial process projects. It has more than a 1000 engineer and specialist in different aspects. The company has a unique position since it is the only National Engineering Company in Africa and the Middle East. The company has implemented over 500 projects covering all projects activities (EPCM). The company has started in 1979 as Braun Egypt, then entered into operating partnership agreement with major and key players in the field like Lummus, B&R, and Bechtel. The company has average annual revenues of two billions Egyptian pounds.
July 1980 – Mar. 1984:
Operation Engineer (DIA – EGYPT):
WATER SERVICES DIA – EGYPT is a specialized private sector company in the design, supply, construction, operation and maintenance of water and waste treatment projects.