In February 2017, Morocco officially declared its willingness to join the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) as a full member state. Driven by the vision of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, this request is only a logical follow-up to the dynamics experienced by the multidimensional and multi-sectorial relations between Morocco and West African countries in recent years.
After the principle agreement at Monrovia Summit in June 2017 , the ECOWAS Heads of States announced the postponement of the final decision at the conclusion of the Abuja ECOWAS Summit in order to allow more time for West African actors to study and analyze the impact of Morocco’s membership. This is an opportunity for the various political, economic, and social actors in Morocco to better prepare for the future accession of Morocco to ECOWAS, identifying the opportunities offered by it, but also the related barriers.
For this MEDays Forum edition, the Amadeus Institute has set up a training including several courses and intended mainly for professionals from state or private organizations.
This regional and strategic training is the proof of the commitment and willingness of the Amadeus Institute to share its knowledge, its achievements and its expertise, by supporting companies and entrepreneurs in Morocco to expand their activity towards Africa.
The ambition of the Amadeus Institute through this certified training is:
• Share knowledge and expertise of ECOWAS;
• Deepen understanding and knowledge of new African and emerging markets;
• Prepare the different stakeholders for the accession of Morocco to ECOWAS;
• Identify the opportunities and challenges of Morocco’s accession to ECOWAS;
• Measure and analyze the potential of Morocco’s accession to ECOWAS in terms of business opportunities;
• Provide the fundamental tools not only from a managerial point of view but also by acquiring a global and complete vision of the many challenges that represent the opening of Morocco to the ECOWAS countries;
• Analyze the economic, political, environmental and social impacts of Morocco’s accession to ECOWAS;
The certificate is delivered by the International University of Rabat, Sciences Po “Academic Partner” of the Amadeus Institute.
Participants will take a multiple choice test at the end of each course; The average of the 4 MCQ tests allows you to obtain the certificate.
Thursday November 8th 2018
From 14:30 to 18:30
MODULE I: “Morocco-ECOWAS: Understanding the current accession process”
By Mr. Olivier Deau, Development Policy Consultant
Friday November 9th, 2018
From 09:00 to 13:00
MODULE II: “ECOWAS at 16: a bigger market for what benefits?”
By Mr. Abdou Diop, Associate Director, Cabinet Mazars
From 14:30 to 18:30
MODULE III: “Morocco’s accession to ECOWAS and the construction of a common political space”
By Mrs. Yousra Abourabi, Assistant Professor in International Relations, UIR Sciences Po Rabat
Saturday, November 10th, 2018
From 09:00 to 13:00
MODULE IV: “Accession of Morocco to ECOWAS: What are the expectations of ECOWAS?” (Course in English)
By Mr. Franklin Cudjoe, Founding President & CEO, IMANI
The training in the past reserved exclusively for the MEDays Forum Partners and Sponsors, will include this year :
• Company executives
• Public Sector Managers
• Project leaders
• Actors of civil society
• Institutions and companies
Institutions and companies wishing to benefit only from the training are required to contact the Amadeus Institute no later than 31/10/2018.
Several offers will be offered to companies depending on the number of participants.
Individuals wishing to benefit from the certifying training, are also called to contact the Amadeus Institute no later than 31/10/2018
Price: 9750dh TTC (giving unlimited access to the Forum from November 7th to 10th
• The training will take place in the MEDays village, located at Corniche Malabata, Mohamed VI avenue, Tangier
• The Amadeus Institute takes care of the participants lunches from November 8th to 10th.
• Participants will be invited to the Gala Dinner and Cocktails.
• The Amadeus Institute makes available to the participants a Promo Code to benefit from preferential price from our partner hotels (Hotel Farah, Hotel Ramada).
• Participants will have the opportunity to participate to the networking sessions.
For any registration, or additional information, please contact us at:
6, Annassim Street, Hay Riad, Rabat
Tel: +212 (0) 537 71 70 82/40 59
Fax: +212 (0) 537 57 11 83